Brand Coordinator: Fair State Brewing Cooperative
Job Description, Qualifications, etc.: Fair State Brewing Cooperative is seeking a full-time Brand Coordinator to join our Brand Experience Team in St. Paul, MN. We have grown significantly in every year since our founding, and we expect to grow considerably in the next few years. We are looking for an experienced team member to help us engage larger audiences tell our story more effectively.
Fair State is of the third cooperatively-owned brewery in the US and the first in Minnesota. We began operations at our Northeast Minneapolis brewery and taproom in August 2014 and added a large production brewery in St. Paul, MN in 2017. We focus on traditional lager beer, sour beer (ranging from kettle sours to 100% barrel-fermented mixed culture beers), and hoppy beers. Our products are available in Minnesota and adjacent states, as well as a handful of markets on the Eastern Seaboard and the West Coast. As a member-owned cooperative, we take seriously our ability to positively impact the communities in which we do business through our events programming, our approach to doing business, and Fair State Cooperates, our philanthropic and volunteer program.
We continue to operate the taproom and original brewery in Minneapolis, but we now perform most of our brewing and packaging for distribution in Saint Paul, which is also where our marketing and administrative staff are located.
Our Brand Team currently has expertise in membership engagement, digital marketing, photography, and events production. We are looking for an experienced, hardworking Brand Coordinator who can add expertise in graphic design and in audio and video production.
Graphic Asset Production
• Design and create polished and error-free graphics to meet specific communications or promotional needs, including assets for print advertising, point of sale, merchandise, package design, social media, and digital advertising
• Maintain assets databases with clearly organized and labeled files
• Create and maintain an interdepartmental design request process
• Comply with brand guidelines, graphic design project budgets, and deadlines
• Conduct interviews with brewers, customers, employees, and business partners
• Conduct independent research on styles, trends, history, and technique in craft beer
• Use storyboarding, brainstorming, and facilitation techniques to uncover and clarify the stories behind what we do
• Produce clear, accurate, error-free copy in the voice of the brand for a variety of formats and channels
• Produce videos and manage content and engagement on YouTube and Fair State’s own website and social media
• Produce podcasts and manage content and engagement on podcast platforms, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google platforms, and Fair State’s own website and social media
• Create clear and effective educational materials (e.g., charts, process flows, tables, slides, playbooks) for training, business development, and internal culture-building
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, fine arts, or an equivalent
• 2+ years of experience in a design role
• Mastery of the CS3 suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
• Demonstrated ability to create templated designs using brand guidelines and conceptualize and design solutions from scratch
• Experience in package design is a plus
• Experience with Wordpress, Squarespace, and Mailchimp
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Audio, and/or video production and editing
• Knowledge of, and passion for, craft beer, cooperatives, and philanthropy
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills — you use data and metrics to back up assumptions, test hypotheses, and evaluate results
• Strong attention to detail, curiosity about what works and what could be, and willingness to continually learn
• Ability to manage complex projects and to communicate with stakeholders
• Commitment to following company policies and procedures
• Excellent judgment, outstanding professionalism, and exemplary communication and teamwork skills
• At least 21 years of age as of the time of application
• Able to sit and stand for prolonged periods
• Able to read, follow, and give oral and written English instructions
• Able to communicate succinctly, clearly, and persuasively in written and spoken English
• Able to occasionally lift/carry heavy objects (55 lbs.) safely above waist-level
• Able to work in a factory environment which may be loud, hot, humid, cold, or slick
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment with high-pressure deadlines and time constraints
• Able to engage with diverse audiences to effectively develop partnerships and represent our brand
• Able to deal constructively with conflict and disagreement
• Valid driver’s license and ability to pass insurance driving record review
This is a full-time hourly position. As a full-time employee, this role will also be eligible for the following benefits:
• Paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day)
• Paid Time Off, which can be used for any purpose and is accrued at a rate of 0.0769 hours of PTO per hour worked (4 weeks per year)
• Health, vision, and dental insurance for employee, spouse or domestic partner, and dependents, with a portion of premiums paid by Fair State
• Short- and Long-Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and life insurance coverage, with 100% of premiums paid by Fair State
• Simple IRA with employer matching up to 3% (eligible in 2020)
• Flexible savings account for medical and dependent care
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee beer stipend
• Discounted membership in our cooperative after 6 months of employment
• Merchandise and beer discounts
• Credit for clothing merchandise at hire
This is an hourly, non-exempt position. Base compensation will be $20.48 per hour.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and design portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line, “Brand Coordinator Application”. Applications will be accepted and interviews conducted on a rolling basis. We are looking for someone who would be able to start as soon as possible.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Fair State Brewing Cooperative strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Instructions for Applicant: To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and design portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Brand Coordinator Application”. Applications will be accepted and interviews conducted on a rolling basis. We are looking for someone who would be able to start as soon as possible.