Member Relations Specialist: ASBC, SSP, and PBS
Member Relations Specialist
The Scientific Societies is a group of six scientific and technical professional associations supported by a staff team at a central Headquarters Office. We are currently seeking a Member Relations Specialist for the American Society of Brewing Chemists (ASBC), the Society of Sensory Professionals (SSP) and the Pink Books Society (PBS) to expedite membership and programming initiatives, in an effort to build a high level of member value for ASBC, SSP and PBS interactions.
• Develop skills to become department database expert through a high level of expertise with database and associated programs; receiving training as needed.
• Effectively query the database and prepare member data reports for demographic trends and historical comparisons; as well as accounting reports (fiscal year membership/subscriptions, etc.) for operational requirements. (ASBC, SSP and PBS)
• Ensure online membership key information is accurately pulling dynamic data from iMIS for member utilization. (ASBC, SSP and PBS)
• Coordinate member pricing for ASBC, SSP and PBS, tracking yearly updates and distributing rates to all required staff; evaluate member database and member materials for pricing accuracy and consistency.
• Interface with IS department on new transactional online tools (application/renewal); provide department leadership ensuring user experience is as intended.
• Manage ASBC, SSP and PBS membership application and renewal processes, seeking improvements through increased technology as feasible.
• Perform necessary month end procedures related to membership processing.
Committee, Chapter and Volunteer Management
• Serve as staff liaison to all PBS Chapters. Serve as a resource working closely with volunteers on requests, update database, maintain current information on website, and other requests as needed.
• Coordinate all ASBC, SSP and PBS committees, ensuring accurate record of position terms and rosters in iMIS and quality check dynamic listings on websites.
• Serve as staff liaison to assigned committees, organizing conference calls, taking minutes and providing support to committee volunteers and projects as needed.
• Coordinate additional member services projects such as needed.
• Provide administrative support to committee and board meetings as needed, manage and maintain schedules and calendars for PBS leadership, handle logistics for conference calls and meetings (internal or external) including hotel accommodations, off-site dinners, busing, audiovisual, shipping, invoice reconciliation, room set-up, catering, signage, special requests, managing attendance lists, and working with travel agency to arrange group and individual travel for the MBAA, ASBC, PBS and SSP
• Monitor the ASBC, SSP and PBS public mailboxes for all inquiries, and answer or distribute as needed.
• Fulfill member requests for support on an as needed basis. Provide prompt and efficient response and resolution to each inquiry.
• Minimum of 3-4 years office and database management experience, preferably in a non-profit organization.
• Experience with iMIS is a big advantage
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, excellent project management techniques, and advanced computer skills with data query expertise.
• Ability to coordinate and administer multi-faceted programs and projects; multi-task and work independently and efficiently under deadline; maintain quality focus, work effectively with and gain input from various audiences.